<body>

Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Past Week

Woah...

Sunday:
-Woke up in a friend of mine's bed where we crashed the night before because well...Driving a moto as a woman in Cambodia at three am=BAD mojo
-Went to brunch and had the best pancakes ever
-Went to the internet cafe and got some awful news
-Went to Talking to a Stranger (my favorite bar/restaurant)
-Drove home at 11 pm, quite a safe and normal time. And was chased....but only until I got to the river where the jerk left me alone.

Monday:
-First day of teaching=exhaustion
-Go out to dinner with my best friends Pooja and Karen. Karen and I drive to the lake. Karen almost gets her purse ripped off. (please notice incident two with moto this week)

Tuesday:
-Spelling test. All the kids fail. BUGGER.
-Go and put down deposit and new moto...with a slightly faster engine
-Look at 20 appartments only to find...NONE

Wednesday:
-Class until 11:15. Sprint home for vietnam

Thursday:
-See Vietnam Post

Friday:
-Say goodbye to my best friend and help her pack.
-Search for appartments more. Nada.

Saturday:
-Got friend onto bus.
-Went to look at moto choices. And then this woman walked in. She didn't speak english or khmer. She was bleeding. Covered in sores. And had large scars all over her body. One very large mangled scar on her bum which she continuously was trying to show me. I gave her some money. She threw it on the ground. (She saw me put down the last part of my deposit on my bike). Manager of shop and I talk for fifteen minutes at which time she finally leaves. I wait to put some distance between us. I then grab a moto and I see her SPRINTING at me from the diagonal. We barely miss her.


And now its sunday...and I am attempting to get some more work done. OI! It was a long week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home