<body>

Monday, September 11, 2006

Strange and Bizarre Days

ON Saturday, here in Cambodia, I had the strangest day of my life. I woke up. Watered my plants. Then suddenly it hit me...my neighbors were playing It's the time to Disco at the loudest possible level.

Then I ended up at the nicest hotel in Phnom Penh at a press conference. But not just any press conference. It was a press conference with the Minister of Commerce and the Ambassador to Cambodia FROM PAKISTAN!!!!! I was asked by a friend of mine who runs a local newspaper to go and be the talking head. I did as I was told. And after was asked to stay and have a drink with the Minister of Commerce. He said the following: You are articulate enough and smart enough. I have someone you should talk to. In waltzes in some guy who runs a pharmaceutical company. He offers me a job after graduation because I am articulate and speak french. A very good job....With a driver and a flat with 24 hour security. IN PAKISTAN????????????

Anyways. it was freaking bizarre.

Oh and it turns out that my dad (HI DAD) is famous. I met an ad exec who works for Bates here in Cambodia and asked me what my dad did. I told him, gave him his name, and the guy said....He was quite the big deal blah blah blah. HYSTERICAL!!! HEY DAD YOU ARE FAMOUS!! Imagine that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home