<body>

Monday, September 18, 2006

Much needed respite

I am leaving the hustle and the bustle of the city of Phnom Penh for a few days. I am headed to Siem Reap to do some work for a local travel guide. Siem Reap is where Angkor Wat is located. I will not be visiting Angkor Wat on this trip, but I will indeed be visiting many a bar and restaurant to write four articles. After that I might head to the beach for a few days to write the actual articles or go dolphin searching in Kratie. Which is difficult because its high season and they are apparently hard to see in high season.

I will be a published travel writer in a matter of weeks. I have to say that I haven't been this excited for quite a long time.

Tonight is a friend of mine's birthday. He owns my favorite cafe, the Alley Cat. I walk in last night to find out not only is there going to be a party but its going to be a free BAR-B-QUE and SANGRIA party. FREEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Ribs, Sangria, Potato Salad...Its almost like being in Texas on a ranch. Only. not. I not sure if cambodia or a texas ranch would smell worse. Thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home